Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Under Pressure


My birthday was last Saturday.  I had a fantastic weekend of family, shopping and great meals.  Believe it or not, my favorite gift was this pressure cooker, which is a gift from my awesome husband.  It may not seem romantic, but I'm so happy.

I've been considering adding a pressure cooker to my kitchen since Christmas, but I wasn't sure how to use one or if it was worth the investment.  After doing some research I decided to go ahead and experiment with pressure cooking.  I opted for a stand-alone model, which is safer than the stove top version.  I'm looking forward to making beans in minutes, not hours and to cooking a pork shoulder in under an hour, instead of all day in my slow cooker.

I'll do a full birthday review later this week and I'll also give you the lowdown on my pressure cooking experience as soon as I use it.  Am I the only person who gets excited about new kitchen toys?

P.S. Want your very own pressure cooker?  Here's a link to mine:

10 comments:

  1. Happy Belated!!! And anytime a husband get his wife exactly what she wants its romantic :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You have to do a review of the pressure cooker. Anything that cooks things faster is a great option for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I can't wait to hear how you like your pressure cooker. I have thought about buying one for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Good work hubby! I would be excited to get a pressure cooker too. Looking forward to hearing what you think and seeing some recipes from your test meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!

    Now get into the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I thought his comment on FB was utterly romantic too! That this photo was his phone wallpaper since he loves making you happy (or something along those lines!). I thought that was the sweetest thing ever! Once again, Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been toying with the idea of buying one, so I'm eager to see how you like having a pressure cooker.
    Happy belated bday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I think a pressure cooker is a very romantic gift, because it's a gift you love. I'm excited to see what you do with it. Oh so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My birthday was last Saturday. I had a fantastic weekend of family, shopping and great meals. Believe it or not, my favorite gift was this pressure cooker, which is a gift from my awesome husband. It may not seem romantic, but I'm so happy.Melissa Barajas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails